BOSC has a long history within the Bordon community
In 1910, a cricket ground and associated pavilion were built near Gibbs Lane. The original clubhouse was built in 1922, and housed a smoking room, dining room, gentlemen’s cloakroom, ladies’ room, ladies’ cloakroom and a steward’s quarters. The building was originally the army officer’s cricket pavilion, and is historically important to Bordon and its military past.
In 1928, the old cricket pavilion became the groundsman’s storeroom, and in the 1930’s, two squash courts, a badminton court, card room, and kitchen were added to the indoors clubhouse facilities, as eight grass and two hard tennis courts were added outdoors along with a polo field, a hockey pitch and rugby ground.
In 1995, as part of the VJ Day 50th Anniversary celebrations, BOSC was used for a cricket match between the Army and the town. The mayor, Councillor Don Mayes sponsored a shield and replicas for the winning services team and mementos for the town team.
The BOSC area has been highlighted as a community asset, and we are committed to preserving the property’s historical ties.